Don’t miss these Aussie Destinations Best Explored by Campervan.
Central Australia – Uluru
Also known as “The Red Centre”, Central Australia is Australia’s heartland, a land that has been living, breathing and evolving for 650 million years. A very spiritual land.
Read more: Northern Territory Self Drive Itineraries
Visitors are likely to see a number of unique animals, birds and reptiles, that live in a wide range of desert habitats.
Kangaroos, wallabies, euros, dingoes, emus, tiny geckos, huge eagles and kites are just some of the locals you could meet during your travels.
Northern Territory – The Top End
The green sub tropical country in the northern part of Australia’s Northern Territory is also known as the “Top End”.
The area is an astonishing contrast with the semi-arid deserts of the Red Centre.
There are some superb reasons for visiting the Top End. The Aboriginal art sites, the scenery, and of course the wild life.
The Mary River is believed to have some of the highest concentrations of Salt Water Crocodiles in the world. This is an ideal place to do a personalised wildlife cruise.
Best Darwin Tours
If you feel like doing some activities or something different to experience the Top End, then the following options could be for you.
- Barramundi Fishing Tour Experience what the Top End is most famous for.
- Darwin Sunset Harbour Cruise Step aboard the Spirit of Darwin cruise vessel for a relaxing sightseeing and sunset cruise on Darwin Harbour; the largest and one of the most beautiful harbours in Australia.
- Gibb River Road 11 Day Cycling Experience – If you are an active person and bicycling is your thing, then this is your way of exploring the West Coast between Darwin and Broome.
- Jim Jim & Twin Falls Helicopter Tour This tour is a wet season must do. Hover over the world famous Jim Jim – Twin Falls by helicopter. Very spectacular views from the air.
- Kakadu & Twin Falls 3 Day Canoeing Adventure See Kakadu National Park and beyond in a special canoeing adventure.
- Kakadu Wetlands Tour & Sunset Gourmet Dinner – Having diner whilst watching the sunset at Kakadu’s Wetland is an experience to never forget.
- Kakadu, Yellow Waters & Arnhem Land Scenic Flight – To see famous Kakadu, beautiful yellow waters and mysterious Arnhem Land by air is an experience not to be missed.
- Katherine River Full Day Canoeing Adventure Make seeing the Katherine River a unique and memorable experience by being active and using a canoe.
- Katherine River 2 Day Canoeing Adventure See Katherine’s famous river in detail, spending two adventure packed days paddling in your canoe.
- Pearl Lugger Sunset Cruise Take in the history of Darwin aboard a classic pearling lugger.
- Skydive – Darwin Beach Tandem Jump If you want to combine the spectacular scenery of Darwin with a shear adrenaline rush then a tandem skydive is for you.
Some of these tours are designed for the adventurous and young at heart travellers.